Course dates / time 01/13/2022 – 01/27/2022
8:15AM – 4:30PM Tuition : $ 1995
Presented by TRAINING & EDUCATION CENTER Status: Full
Course Length: 5 full days
UC Davis, Continuing & Professional Education
Geared towards aspiring and new project managers, participants will learn traditional skills required for project managers and targeted information for managing a State Information Technology (IT) project.
This course will provide a survey of concepts and best practices contained in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®), published by the Project Management Institute as an international standard for project management. These concepts form the basis for the State of California’s Project Management Framework (CA-PMF), which provides State-specific guidance for project planning and execution.
During this course, participants will be introduced to standard processes and expectations for use in State of California Information Technology projects. Hands-on practice will be included to become familiar with use of the PMF guide and templates. Additional insight will be provided to support effective use of available tools and how to approach projects that vary in size and complexity.
– Introduction to Project Management, the Project Management Institute (PMI), and the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®)
– PMBOK® Concepts: Knowledge Areas, Tools and Techniques
– Introduction to the California Project Management Framework (CA-PMF)
– Overview and Navigation
– Concept, Initiating, Planning, Closing Process Phases
– Monitoring and Controlling
– Templates and Resources
– Project Approval Lifecycle as it relates to project management processes
– State of California standards for project oversight and reporting
Goals and Objectives:
– Describe the recommended practices, key roles, processes, activities, tools, and outputs to be produced for State projects
– Explain what makes a project successful and where projects struggle
– Apply new concepts by using a sample project.
– Demonstrate basic navigation of templates and guides and practice completing CA-PMF templates.
1/13 – 1/14/2022
1/25 – 1/27
Please request this course through your enrollment process.